- Reporting to: Head of Creative Campaigns
- Status: Permanent - Full Time
- Location : Red Hot Penny - Wokingham
- Salary: Competitive - Dependent on experience
What we’re after
We’re looking for a confident and ambitious outreach expert to join our Creative Campaigns team, based in Wokingham. As Outreach Manager, you’ll take ownership of our outreach programme. You’ll be responsible for shaping our campaign concepts, leading and delivering link building strategies to generate high quality, relevant links and coverage and reporting back on performance metrics.
This is a hands-on client-facing role, perfect for an outreach specialist with bold ideas who gets a genuine buzz from placing content. You’ll be involved in the full campaign process, from brainstorming initial ideas, to devising outreach strategies, liaising with clients, press teams and influencers, and project managing the outreach of our campaigns.
You’ll be confident identifying the right link building opportunities, then forging the right relationships to generate high-quality coverage across press and social for a variety of industries including fashion, travel and tech.
And in return?
You’ll be joining our growing team of award-winning strategic and creative search marketers based at our Wokingham offices – just outside Reading, with easy commuting links. And we’re all here with one mission: to give our clients the expert advice they need to grow identify and acquire customers.
In addition to a competitive salary, becoming part of our team means you’ll also get:
- Training, coaching and career progression
- Opportunity to attend leading industry events
- Regular team social events
- 32 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- A monthly gym membership contribution
- Private medical insurance and life cover
- To lead the outreach approach for creative campaigns during the ideation stage for clients including discovery and brainstorming sessions, creating initial lists and vetting relevant targets, contributing to campaign pitch decks and delivering concepts to clients
- To plan, execute and manage link building outreach strategies for client campaigns to secure relevant coverage for clients
- To own the entire outreach process, from the initial planning to launch, ongoing management and reporting, leading innovation and outreach best practice within the team
- To build and maintain strong relationships and contacts with relevant press and outreach targets, ensuring this remains relevant and up to date for client campaigns
- To manage the tracking and reporting of campaigns
- To maintain an up-to-date understanding of current outreach and link building approaches, SEO and emerging digital design trends, digital content developments and tools to ensure our content output is of the highest quality
- 2 – 3 years’ experience in a similar PR and outreach role
- Confident pitching ideas to journalists and publishers and following up
- Experience planning and managing multiple projects and deadlines
- Strong and proven experience delivering successful link building campaigns
- Excellent understanding of SEO, content marketing, target and audience prospecting and how this should be applied to outreach strategies
- Good knowledge of leading industry tools and processes
- Tenacious and driven, with the ability to think creatively to overcome problems
- Naturally creative with a great understanding of what makes content newsworthy
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- High standard of presentation, with strong engaging written and communication skills
- Confident presenting to peers, clients and senior stakeholders
- Ability to mentor other team members and provide feedback in a positive way
- Ability to take responsibility for decisions made and to learn from outcomes.
- Ability to deliver timely results despite obstacles and sometimes limited resources.
- Ability to work independently on your own initiative as well as part of wider team
- Self-motivation, a strong work ethic and enthusiastic when confronted with change
- An understanding and genuine interest in digital campaigns
- A positive, communicative personality that instils confidence in others
- A desire to achieve Company aims/goals, reflect our values and satisfy client expectations
Please note we do not take calls from recruitment agencies.