Client Account Manager
- Reporting to: Client Account Director
- Status: Permanent - Full Time
- Location: Red Hot Penny - Wokingham
- Salary: Competitive - Dependent on experience
What we’re after
We’re looking for a self-assured and empathetic client account manager with a proven talent for delighting clients to join our client account management team, based in Wokingham.
As client account manager you’ll be responsible for ensuring the happiness of each client, listening to them to understand what they need to achieve and working with our team of search marketing experts to then meet and exceed expectations.
This is a hands-on client-facing role, where you will be the face of Red Hot Penny, perfect for a client account manager who gets a buzz from building and developing relationships and who knows what it takes to deliver an amazing client experience. You’ll be involved in the full client account management process, from onboarding, to devising strategies, liaising with clients on a regular basis, identifying new opportunities and growing the accounts.
And in return?
You’ll be joining our growing team of award-winning strategic and creative search marketers based at our Wokingham offices – just outside Reading, with easy commuting links. And we’re all here with one mission: to give our clients the expert advice they need to grow identify and acquire customers.
Alongside a competitive salary, becoming part of our team means you’ll also get:
- Training, coaching and career progression
- Opportunity to attend leading industry events
- Regular team social events
- 32 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- A monthly gym membership contribution
- Private medical insurance and life cover
- To own the relationship with clients, taking responsibility for client satisfaction and ensuring account growth targets are met.
- To deliver an excellent experience with Red Hot Penny for our client.
- Ensuring account management processes are adhered too and we have a consistency of delivery and approach across all accounts.
- To be the voice of the client internally, building and maintaining strong relationships with key contacts and ensuring we are delivering what they need to achieve their goals.
- 2-3 years’ experience in a similar account management role, ideally within an agency environment.
- You’ll know how to make things happen, taking full ownership of each client account with a keen eye for consistency and an organised yet flexible approach that means a superb quality of service is delivered for each of our clients.
- Excellent understanding of and genuine interest in Search Marketing disciplines (SEO, biddable media, insights and creative content) and how these should be applied to deliver what the client needs
- Good level of knowledge of leading industry tools and techniques and desire to keep up to speed with the latest developments – so we can tell clients about them before they tell us.
- Understanding of what effective client account management entails and the processes that comprise this.
- Able to plan and effectively manage multiple projects in often complex environments so that deadlines are met.
- Ability to take ownership of the role and responsibility for all decisions.
- Ability to work independently, using your own initiative when required as well as part of the wider team
- A commitment to self-development and career development.
- Empathetic and able to understand not just what a client wants but what they need to achieve their goals
- Tenacious and driven, with the ability to think creatively to overcome problems
- High standard of communication and presentation, with strong writing and verbal capability.
- Self-motivated and confident, with a strong work ethic and enthusiasm when confronted with change.
- A need to achieve (and beat) targets and an unyielding desire to satisfy client expectations.
Please note we do not take calls from recruiters.